Targeted digital and print content to help businesses
communicate effectively and clearly with their customers.
FOR YOUR WEBSITE CONTENT
WHO JUST GETS IT!
A freelance copywriter / content writer can help both SMEs and international corporations to explain how they solve their customers' problems.
We write words that inspire action in marketing and email campaigns and build bridges between brand and customer.
Past and present clients:
Great. So where do we go next?
12 ways I can help...
1. Website content writing to bring life and meaning to your pages – whether your site needs a total overhaul, starting from scratch or more of a 'home page doctor' approach.
2. Brand copywriting to make sure your message is conveyed correctly.
3. Tone of voice development for making sure that everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet – and that the sound coming out is sweet and consistent.
4. Maybe you need a brochure copywriter to help you shout about your brand in print?
5. Radio ad copywriting for when you have someone's ear for 30 seconds or less.
6. Video ads and scripts for when you're trying to engage people for a little bit longer... or struggling to get your message across in just 100 words.
7. Business writing for banking/finance/SME websites, LinkedIn Posts, ghostwritten CEO articles, etc.
8. Marketing campaign? Perhaps you need copywriting for email and newsletter content.
9. Luxury sector writing for when you need someone who knows Blancpain from Bulova.
10. Blog writing and content strategy to expand your authority online and bring your audience into your world on a regular basis.
11. Copywriting for slogans and straplines – because 'Just Do It' has, sadly, been taken.
12. Corporate content writing for that complex inside story you need to shout about. Current clients include major names in the construction, food, events, training and sustainability sectors.
Freelance writer / freelance copywriter Mike Peake currently has clients in the UK, Dubai, Singapore, Belgium, Sweden, the United States and Finland. He has written for dozens of well-known brands, as well as a multitude of magazines and newspapers, including The Sunday Times, Harrods magazine, Country Life, Gulf News (UAE), Outside magazine, Esquire, the BBC and many more.
A former senior editor of one of the world's biggest lifestyle magazines, he is these days more often hired to write content as a freelancer for clients in the business and luxury sectors. Most recently, much of this work has been as a freelance business writer, with repeat commissions for a variety of well-known UK business outlets (including banks and government organisations) aimed at SMEs, start-ups and entrepreneurs. In tandem with this, there have been regular assignments for large corporations in Sweden and Finland covering the construction, maritime and sustainability sectors, as well as copywriting engagements for clients in a multitude of sectors (including property, luxury events, green energy, recruitment, hypnotherapy, retail and more).
Copywriting, content creation and planning, business website writing and website copy/blogging work all regularly undertaken – clients include French-speaking business owners who need English-language content for their websites. If you've been Googling "I need a content writer for my website" – look no further!
THE CASE FOR GREAT CONTENT ON A SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE
Most SMEs and start-ups budget for a web designer when launching or relaunching their website, but many often decide they will do the writing themselves. To try and illustrate that this may be a mistake, I would simply ask you to ponder: how many badly-written or confusing business websites have you seen?
SME founders sometimes struggle to sum up their offering in a succinct way – they're too close to the 'coal face'. They have too much to say. They may be full of great ideas, but that doesn't automatically mean they are able to clearly direct people through their website, explain the benefits of their product or service, write a compelling 'About Us' page or deliver a consistent and readable set of blogs.
If your website is not converting at the rate you believe it could or should, then there is something wrong with your product or your website. I can't fix your product, but I can help make the all-important words that people see when they first land really explain the benefits of what you do.
Making home page (and other) content truly shine is an area in which a seasoned website copywriter / web content specialist can prove invaluable. We will sharpen up the content, add logic to the website's navigation and hopefully find the exact words that will help make your website somewhere to linger – not swiftly exit – when people arrive for the very first time.
Drop me a quick email and I'll tell you what I can do.